2 bounces off the baseline for a pass from 1, sweeps baseline (outside pivot foot), attacks the basket for a layup. Rotate passer to shooter, shooter to passing line.
1 is the next shooter.
- sweep baseline, attack middle (crossover step)
- sweep and attack baseline, secondary move middle,
- sweep, attack middle, secondary move baseline
- backdoor cut.
See Shooting - Angled pull-up
(lift from the corner, catch with split feet), Tactics - Teaching 4-out motion (passer and rebounder, two balls).
Ian MacKinnon - 3 dribbles from halfcourt with a primary-secondary move, 1 lifts from the corner for a pass, progressions
- baseline layup, middle layup, baseline pull-up, middle pull-up
- 1 passes to 3 filling behind for a shot and rebounds, 3 is the next cutter.
University of Virginia - perimeter rip drill - use a chair or defender on the wing, spin a pass from the corner or have a passer out top, progressions
- rip baseline (crossover step), straight-line drive
- rip baseline, pull-up
- rip baseline, 2nd move (middle), finish
- rip baseline, 2nd move, pull-up
- double rip (jab baseline, crossover), straight-line drive middle
- double rip, pull-up middle
- double rip, 2nd move, finish
- double rip, 2nd move, pull-up
- live dribble from the wing.
Also see Shooting - 5star workout, Pasquali reaction
, Pop-out, Chair drills
, Frankston spin-outs
(one-dribble moves), 5star cutting
, also Pitino v-cut
, Villanova jab-swing series
, Layups - Vance Walberg drop, Fast break - 2 (secondary).
For footwork options see the Footwork
skills checklist (Shooting
). Use a cross-step drive to avoid a travel, e.g.
hop pivot to catch facing the basket, or catch and go without stopping, see Footwork - Pasquali pivoting
, Dribble starts, Layups - Cross the lane, Shooting - Borg, Blasone, Flare-wing,
also Beat the closeout
(to attack a closeout, land with split feet).
Coach Nick - on a backdoor cut, walk towards the ball, lift up the inside foot, swivel your hips into a sprinter's stance (split stance), nose behinds toes, take off. See Shooting - Beat the closeout
For more on footwork and other options, see Shooting - Mike Procopio wing
, 5star foul-line flash, Pop-out, Group workout
, Guard workout, Thrive3 footwork, Rick Carlisle,
Footwork - Jay Wright jab-swing series
, 5star cutting, Dave Smart first step
, Layups - 4-out drive and kick,
Fast break - 2 (secondary)
1 on 1
Live, no restrictions, read the defender (here 1 backcuts when denied), rotate passer to attacker to defender.
Dean Smith - Explode to basket drill - groups of three players each (use both sides of both baskets), 3 fakes a crosscourt pass, hits 1 coming toward the ball, 1 drives on his defender, rotate positions after each play.
See 1 on 1 - On close-out
, Coach as passer
, Dave Malowski
(no passer needed), Defending - Duke driving line