Jr. NBA is the youth basketball participation program of the NBA, with 4 divisions or levels - Rookie, Starter, All-Star and MVP (see Overview).
Jr. NBA U.S. has curricula with practice plans at each level, including YouTube video playlists.
Jr. NBA Canada offers the Rookie division, see Jr. NBA Canada for the Coach's Guide with practice plans.
Jr. NBA at Home posts drills on YouTube that players can do on their own at home (see Welcome to Jr. NBA at Home).
The Jr. NBA YouTube channel has a great collection of videos, organized in practice plans and skill categories (also see the NBA India channel).
The following pages have links to the skill playlists and videos, with brief descriptions and links to similar or corresponding drills. Progressions are from basic to advanced. New drills (or variations) are highlighted.
Also see the Footwork and conditioning playlist, and Jr. NBA fundamentals (a created skills playlist).
Some Jr. NBA videos are now diagrammed drills:
- Conditioning - Escape game
- Defending - Jump to the ball
- Layups - Jr. NBA cutting
- Layups - Jr. NBA finishing
- Layups - Jr. NBA bowling
- Passing - Jr. NBA
- Shooting - Jr. NBA catch and turn
- Shooting - Jr. NBA form
- Shooting - Jr. NBA jump stop
- Shooting - Jr. NBA kick-out
- Shooting - Jr. NBA post pass
- Shooting - Jr. NBA screens
- Rebounding - No-ball box-out
- Rebounding - Tag and pursue
- Tactics - 3-spot pass-cut-fill