See YouTube video - 3-person pass-cut-replace, also Jr. NBA - Offence.
One ball, one player out top.
1 passes to 3 (or 2) and cuts up the middle to the rim looking for the ball, then goes out opposite.
2 flashes to the top.
Facundo Petracci - NCCP Super Clinic 2018
- after passing the cutter can a) cut straight (for a bounce pass), b) take his defender weakside, stop and swim (face cut), or c) cut towards the ball, swim and go backdoor
- the cutter takes his defender all the way to the baseline, opens up, seeing the ball, clears weakside.
- fill the top through a read spot (v-cut)
- replace the cutter after a two-count (late fill)
- add a coach who guards the ball out top, the passer reads whether coach jumps to the ball on a pass.
See Offence - 5-out youth motion.
3 passes to 2 who swings the ball to 4 and cuts up the middle, 3 replaces 2 at the top, continue (3 will swing the ball to 5 and cut).
Finish the drill with a give-and-go layup.
Catch in triple-threat position.
1) 3 on 0
Three players, continuous passing, the pattern is the same, basket cut only on a pass to a wing.
Optionally 2 v-cuts to get open, or goes down to the corner and blast cuts to the wing.
1 cuts and clears to the weakside corner (not to the wing, where a v-cut might be needed to get open).
3 fills late (after a two-count) and fills through a read spot (the elbow).
2) 5 on 0
Five players, the passing pattern is the same (no corner passes), basket cut only on a pass to a wing.
On ball reversal, 3 basket cuts and clears, 2 fills late through the elbow.
This is simple 5-out motion.
Additional options to maintain continuity offence.
a) Backcuts (see below)
- backcut on a pass fake or dribble-at.
b) Basket cuts
- corner pass and basket cut
- basket cut on a corner-wing or wing-top pass.
Players backcut on a pass fake or dribble-at, or randomly.
On a pass fake from out top, wing 4 backcuts, corner 1 fills late for a pass, 3 basket cuts to stay in the offence.
In a game, a wing also backcuts if overplayed or to create space, and would exit opposite a drive from out top.
See Offence - 5-out creating gaps.
Wing 4 backcuts and clears on a dribble-at, then 2 will fill cut through the read spot.
Progression - dribble hand-off option.
3 passes and basket cuts from the top, 2 cuts to the read spot and backcuts (e.g. on a pass fake from 4), third cutter 5 fills the top.
See Offence - Petitgoue open-post (Revolve).