Tony Watson series
For form shooting, see YouTube video - 6-minute form shooting
- accuracy drill (1 minute)- shoot off either side (edge) of the backboard
- arc drill (1 minute) - set up behind the backboard on one side where the baseline and (high-school) lane line meet, shoot up and over the backboard into the basket
- normal (two-hand) form shooting (3 minutes) - in front of the rim, then on each side
- free throws (1 minute).
b) Ray Allen drill
6 spots. Make 4 shots going elbow to elbow, 4 shots wing to wing and 4 shots corner to corner (always running behind the 3-point line), then 3 foul shots in a row.
See YouTube video - Ray Allen 3-point drill.
d) Game shots
Start at halfcourt, run to the wing for a pass, shoot a 3-pointer (or mid-range), get your rebound.
Pass to partner, pop out for a 3-point shot at the same spot, then run back to halfcourt (partner rebounds) and repeat the two-shot sequence until you have made 2 shots in a row, 3 times.
Shoot from any of 5 spots (corners, wings, top) that you shoot from in a game.
See Shooting - 5star on the move.
On each side there are 3 cones - close to the basket, mid-range, and at the 3-point line. The cones can lead out to the wings (shown), the corners, or to the top of the key.
Curl around the first cone for a pass, shoot, rebound, pass to partner, then go around the next cone. Make all 3 shots to be done (switch sides).
Also see YouTube video - 1-man elevator shooting.
h) Pro drill
Sprint to the wing from halfcourt, catch and shoot, touch halfcourt again on a make, run fullcourt on a miss (shown). Make 5 shots from one spot, shoot free throws, move to a next spot.
See Shooting -Triano 7-spot workout (option a), Machine-gun.
j) 25 makes
5 spots, make
- a mid-range shot from each spot (moving clockwise, shown)
- a one-dribble pull-up right from each spot (coming back)
- a one-dribble pull-up left from each spot (clockwise)
- a 3-point shot from each spot (coming back).
Make 5 free throws. The best shooters can finish in under 3 minutes.
Also see Shooting - Hanlen NBA challenges (37-point thriller).
Use two balls with a passer and rebounder.
5 spots along the 3-point line, run in from the sideline at halfcourt, catch and shoot, touch halfcourt, continue with 4 more shots going away, repeat coming back, keep going until 10 makes (or 5 makes, or 1 or 2 makes from each spot).
See Shooting - Triano 7-spot workout (option a), Run the W, 2-man conditioning.