Jason Kidd fullcourt
Augie Johnston (YouTube)
Fullcourt dribbling drills, adding layups.
1) Fullcourt dribbling (or halfcourt).
Continuous, up and back.
a) Mike Conley drill
"Footwork" ballhandling, take a step with each dribble,
- between the legs
- front v-dribble, right hand up, left hand back
- side v-dribble, right hand up, left hand back
- inside-out cross
- between-the-legs cross.
e) The Scoring Academy
- between cross, cross between, inside-out cross, inside-out between
- cross between behind, between cross cross, between between behind
- inside-out between wrap, between behind wrap, cross between behind wrap (wrap series).
2) Fullcourt layups
Start from triple threat.
(Variation - start with a drop move, see Shooting - Drop series)
a) Jason Kidd drill
From the baseline, use 4 right-hand dribbles to a layup at the other end, repeat coming back, then switch hands.
b) Jason Kidd drill part 2
From the baseline, one dribble then go through the legs
- at the foul line
- at halfcourt
- at the far foul line.