Jay Wright - one-two step shooting - from the top of the key, step with the inside foot then outside foot.
Jared Berggren - Sprint through shooting
(YouTube) - start outside the top of the key in a split stance, spin the ball to an elbow, then explode into a catch and shoot, run through the ball (his footwork is outside-inside-outside).
Augie Johnston - Big-step shooting
- shoot elbow to elbow using only three steps, including a 1-2 pivot to square up.
Grinnell 11 - slide from spot to spot, touch halfcourt on a miss.
See Shooting - Elbow to elbow, Tauer on the move.
Rick Carlisle - alternate 3s and pull-ups (R-L-R for a rightie), add side-step 3s and runners.
Thrive3 footwork - split-catch stride-stop pull-ups (1-2 footwork), backpedal between shots.
Jordan series - elbow-to-elbow shooting off the catch then off the dribble, make 4-6 in 30 seconds.
John Calipari (5Star)
- move elbow to elbow, inside pivot, take 50 shots (5 sets of 10)
- elbow to elbow, shot fake, one-dribble middle pull-up (crossover step)
- catch at the top of the key, take one hard dribble to the elbow for a pull-up jump shot, shoot elbow to elbow
- shoot from the top of the key.
- elbow to elbow shooting, 1-2 inside pivot (or jump stop), make 4 to 6
- outside the arc, a) catch and go outside for a pull-up jump shot (vary one and two dribbles), b) catch, shot fake, crossover middle for a pull-up
- step-back jump shots
- for a warm-up, start block to block, work out to elbow to elbow.
Jordan Lawley - Russell Westbrook downhill series - start outside the top of the key,
a) as a pass is coming straight out, sprint to meet it, catch and shoot with a wide base (a hop)
b) catch outside the top of the key with one hand, push it across to the other hand with one dribble, attacking into a pull-up.
Coach Rock - Top 7 shooting drills for 2016
a) one-dribble pull-ups from the top of the key, alternate sides
b) transition pull-ups - back up, spin a pass, catch and sweep quickly, attack into a one-dribble pull-up.
Coach Rock - Workout For Point Guards
a) scoring moves - approach the top of the key with a double move, elbow pull-up
b) iso moves, e.g. scissor, crossover, hesi pulls.
Ryan Razooky - 100-shot challenge
- 10 pull-ups right, 10 left
- 10 stepbacks right, 10 left
- 10 speed-stop exchanges right, 10 left
- 10 hesi pulls right, 10 left (turn dribble glide)
- 20 threes.
See Shooting - Procopio wing workout (one-dribble jump shots), Warrior, Backpedal Dipablo.
For triple-threat options see Shooting - FIBA triple threat, Tauer triple threat, 5star pairs spot, Post play - Danny Manning.