A shooting work-out with a partner or coach.
1) Shots off a pass
Start under the basket, sprint around the first spot with a right-shoulder turn for a pass, shoot, run under the basket, repeat at the other four spots.
Mike Neighbors - 5-spot shooting - touch the middle of the lane between spots.
- make a putback after a miss, or after every shot
- go back to the same spot on a miss
Continue with 5 shots using left-shoulder turns, running under the basket after each shot.
(Spin self passes for a solo work-out, see Shooting - 5star circus, also Spot and Nash 3-spot)
b) Off the dribble
From under the basket, dribble to each spot and back to the basket for a finish at the rim.
- dribble with the same hand all the way through
- make a behind the back dribble at each spot.
Tim Springer - pound dribble 10 times, dribble out and around a cone, finish with a layup (angles are glass, front of rim, reverse layup), repeat for 7 makes, use cones at multiple spots. Progressions
- finish with a floater, spin, step-through
- make a change of direction going away from the basket.
See Layups - Speed, YouTube drills (Loop, Weak-hand), Shooting - Triano 7-spot workout, Behind-the-back pull-ups.
3) Shots off the dribble
Dribble out to each spot and shoot a pull-up jump shot, dribble with the same hand through-out the drill.
Derek Kellogg - dribble around a cone and shoot, inside pivot foot.
- 5 right-shoulder then 5 left-shoulder turns
- catch behind each cone into a one-dribble pull-up.