- coach tosses the ball on the floor, 1 gets it on the first bounce, 2 passes another ball to coach
- coach keeps the ball, other players close out without first passing.
See Defending - Ball drop
, 2-ball dance
, Pasquali closeouts
, Nash triangle slides
Progression - 1 on 1 from the top, the attacker gets the ball at the pack line (16 feet from the basket), has one dribble (or none), the defender defends all players before switching with a new defender.
Lloyd Mitchell (Greenvale) - on each side, players close out on an imaginary attacker at the 3-point line, then the progression is close out and take two slides baseline, call "dead" and mirror an imaginary ball. Stay in a wide, low stance with a hand up in the passing lane and a hand on the ball. Switch lines.
goxavier.com - Vegas close-outs - players start under the rim, pass to coach behind the arc on the wing and close out:
- run first then short, choppy steps
- high hands, bent elbows, butt down, head back
- yell "shot", play drive
- touching distance in stance (should be able to touch the ball)
- take shooter out of rhythm.
Place coaches at various positions around the 3-point line for multiple reps at the same time.
See Defending - Petitgoue closeouts
, Team closeouts