Also see YouTube videos Big-man workout
, Develop go-to post moves
, and a Post play playlist.
Spin passes to the low post from under the basket, make (or take) 3 of each move on one side then the other side. Progressions
1. Reverse pivot on the baseline (outside) foot (Sikma move), crossover middle, one dribble, drop step and spin baseline, power layup, outside hand.
2. Sikma and shoot.
3. Front pivot on the top foot (middle), shoot.
4. Two (crab) dribbles middle, drop step and spin baseline, power layup.
5. Front pivot baseline, shoot.
6. Baseline drop step, one dribble, power layup.
7. Two dribbles middle, shot fake, step thru, finish off one foot.
Note the travel violation in the step-4 spin, but not in step 1. Pound the last dribble and keep the ball close to the body to spin faster and protect the ball. See Post play - Pasquali moves and shots
for options to avoid a travel.
Work on other post moves, options and counters, e.g.
- baseline drop step - no-dribble (shoot off one foot), catch in a drop step, or drop and hop
- middle drop step
- turnaround jump-shot - shoulder fake (shimmy), bank shot, step-thru counter
- running hook (middle)
- middle jump hook, counters - step thru (spin back), step across (step back), reverse pivot (spin back)
- drop step & spin counter - step thru (spin back)
- spin to baseline shot, fadeaway, or jump hook
- half (fake) spin - shot, hook shot, fadeaway
- half-spin counters - step thru (spin back), step across (step back)
- Sikma - sweep baseline
- baseline spin move to reverse layup (spin-back counter).