Human 2.0 agility
1) Slide and sprint
1 and 2 face each other on the baseline, slide to the elbows and back three times, then crossover and sprint past the foul line, decelerate and return, change lines. 3 and 4 go next.
See Defending - Lane slides.
2) Zig-zag cones
Facing north, players v-cut at each cone (plant and go), progressions
- run around each cone (tight s-turns, lean inside)
- facing north, defensive slide to each cone
- facing south, defensive slide to each cone (drop step to open up).
Variation (no cones needed),
- fullcourt v-cuts up one side of the court (chop the feet), repeat coming back
- v-cuts upcourt, retreat-slide zigzag with drop steps coming back.
3) Cone grid
Grid of 9 cones.
1 and 2 are facing each other,
- on go, slide to the first cones and stop
- on go, slide to the second cones and stop, next players 3 and 4 slide to the first cones (not shown)
- on go, 1 and 2 crossover and sprint past halfcourt (3 and 4 slide to the second cones, 5 and 6 slide to the first cones, not shown).
- two crossover steps between cones, stop
- face forward, sprint to each cone, stop (1 has his left foot forward, 2 has his right foot forward).
- on go, 1 and 2 sprint to the first cones and stop with their left foot in front
- on go, sprint around cones to the right (s-turns), 3 and 4 sprint to the first cones and stop, continue.
Progression - on go, sprint to the first cone, plant the left foot (don't stop) and sprint an s-turn to the right.
Move the lines of players, repeat with s-turns going left,
- sprint to the first cone, stop with the right foot forward, s-turn on go
- sprint, plant the right foot, s-turn (no stopping).
1 and 2 face forward,
- on go, sprint to the first cone and stop, left foot forward
- on go, sprint 90 degrees right and stop, right foot forward
- on go, burst past halfcourt, the next two players start (not shown).
- on go, sprint forward, plant the left foot, sprint right, plant the left foot, sprint past halfcourt (no stopping)
- move the lines, repeat both steps going forward, left, then right.
See Defending - 5star acceleration.
1 and 2 face forward
- on go, sprint, s-turn right then left, past halfcourt, 3 and 4 go next.
Progression - move the lines, s-turn left then right.