- 4 downscreens
- 1 cuts off the butt of the screener (a butt cut)
- 2 uses the downscreen to pop out top and catch ready to shoot or drive
- 1 replaces 2 in the corner
- 4 replaces 1 on the wing.
(Option - 4 screens X1 then X2.)
Harry Perretta's Spread offence has the same rotations but different timing:
- on the pass to 3, 1 cuts straight into the lane, breaking the plane of the basket
- as that happens 4 screens down for 2, who takes his defender in so the screen is in the lane
- 4 tries to set the screen between the block and the third hash, lower is better
- 2 comes up to the middle of the foul line for a pass
- 1 turns and goes away to the corner if he doesn't get a pass
- 4 backpedals to the wing.
"The more you teach them, the less they learn."
See YouTube video - Harry Perretta Spread offence